DVDpedia v4 - CoreData database format replaces XML

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
MauiMark
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia v4 - CoreData database format replaces XML

Post by MauiMark »

Hi,

I am a bit confused about how to migrate my exisiting XML based 3.x storage to the new CoreData format.

I start DVDpedia holding down tha Alt-Key and select "Choose Database". After navigating to the DVDpedia folder I exptected to be able to click "Open" and load my library. However the Open button is greyed out.

When I copy my existing XML library to the default location under ~/Library/Application Support, start by holding down the Alt-key and choose "Default location" it opens my library just fine.

However it a) doesn't migrate to the new SQL based format and b) doesn't allow me to move my database in another location beside the default location.

I have also tried exporting and importing into a newly created database. That works partially but all my custom views are gone then.

How would I migrate my xml based database to the new SQL format?

Thanks,
Mark
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Mark,

Hold down alt and you should be able to select the info.xml in your secondary location to update that one as well. With the new version you should be able to pick either the info.xml or a Database.pediadata file. If a Database.pediadata exist in the folder that you select it will not upgrade even if you pick the info.xml as a Core Data already exists. Rename the Database.pediadata with the program not running if you like to run the update again for that data folder.
MauiMark
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by MauiMark »

Thanks Conor for pointing in the right direction! The info.xml as well as the Database.pediadata had not been visible. I found out by looking at the directory in terminal. All xml files as well as the pediadata file at the extended attribute flag set. Not sure why that happend. Need to do more research on this.

Thanks,
Mark

Conor wrote:Hi Mark,

Hold down alt and you should be able to select the info.xml in your secondary location to update that one as well. With the new version you should be able to pick either the info.xml or a Database.pediadata file. If a Database.pediadata exist in the folder that you select it will not upgrade even if you pick the info.xml as a Core Data already exists. Rename the Database.pediadata with the program not running if you like to run the update again for that data folder.