LPpedia?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
kenaustus
Contributor
Contributor

LPpedia?

Post by kenaustus »

I have a stack of older LPs that I would like to add, but it's a pain.

How about a LPpedia, which would be like CDpedia, but exclude items like price.

As an example I have a great LP (Ella in Berlin). In LPpedia I would just need to enter the title, get the details like I would in CDpedia, manually enter the price (I think it was $3.95 - shows how old I am) and I have all the details I need.

As this would be a stripped down version of CDpedia it could be an "enhancement" to CDpedia or a cheap addition to your lineup.

One other thought - could you pull the details of CDs (and LPs) from iTunes? Might be a nice source, especially for those overseas.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: LPpedia?

Post by Nora »

You could enter your vinyl information into CDpedia manually (we have yet to find a good online database for LPs) or try to get the information from Amazon or iTunes. (It'll be for CDs so you'd have to tweak it a bit...) To get information via iTunes/Gracenote, use the iTunesCDInfo plug-in.
If you want to keep your vinyl collection separate from your CDs you could either use one of the custom fields for 'Format' and create a smart collection based on that or you could set up a library-independent collection and keep all your LPs in there.
jpunt

Post by jpunt »

Are there any serious plans for LPpedia? My vinyl-collection is growing and because I love DVDpedia, I want the same for my LP's. I'm considering CDpedia for this, but not if LPpedia is being realized in the meantime :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Since the fields are very much the same Lpedia would be a search plug-in to CDpedia to make it easier to enter the data. So don't be afraid to jump in and use CDpedia and manually enter the LPs.
jpunt

Post by jpunt »

Cool, I bought the thing and figured I could also enter my cd's (and even some tapes) as well :) Good stuff!