Syncing CDPedia library with iTunes library

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
chinarider

Syncing CDPedia library with iTunes library

Post by chinarider »

I'm a longtime CDPedia user but until recently I had been using it independent of iTunes. Now I want to start syncing with iTunes so I can choose a track and play it out of CDPedia. My problem is that after carefully editing all titles, artists and tags between the 2 programs to ensure all info is exactly the same in both apps and then refreshing iTunes tracks in CDPedia, the tracks that play within the CDPedia track list are almost never the correct version. For example, if I bring up the tracks from "David Bowie Live" (which has the double note icon for all the tracks) and try and play "1984", it will play the studio version of "1984" from the "Diamond Dogs" CD. This happens consistently with just about every track and every artist for which I have multiple versions of the same song. It seems like CDPedia is just matching song title and artist and ignoring Album Title. Is there any way, other than changing the title of every single track to make each a little different, to play the correct version?

One other related question. Now that I've synced all the tags between CDPedia and iTunes, the "Status" column now displays the note icon in place of the link icon. Is there a way to show both icons?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Dave
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Syncing CDPedia library with iTunes library

Post by Conor »

CDpedia uses the track name and the artist to make the match. Thank you for the feedback, test out the beta, I have added the album name for a stricter match, for cases where there are more than one version of the song.

There is no way to display both the link image and the note status. CDpedia prefers displaying the notes status over the link status. We will take that into account when expanding our preferences if we should include an option.