Scandinavian characters

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Nieminen

Scandinavian characters

Post by Nieminen »

I can find my finnish books from Helsinki Metropolitan Libraries z39.50 server, but scandivanian characters don't appear correctly. Ä appears as 'èa' and ö as 'èo'. If I change encoding of z39.50 server from Latin1 to Latin2 I get 'ča' and 'čo'. If I change the encoding to UTF8 it can't find any books anymore... Any ideas?

Nieminen
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We're looking into that. Thanks.
Nieminen

Post by Nieminen »

Hi, and thank you for the version 4. But this problem with scandinavian characters still exists.

And another bug: if you arrange the sites in Preferences>Sites, it works, but after restarting the program they are back in the default order.

cheers,
Nieminen
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Another two user had the same problem with the order of the sites, once was able to fix it by repairing permissions on his hard drive using Disk Utility in his Utilities folder, the other the bug is still present. Could you please email us your preference file in ~.Library/Preferences/com.bruji.bookpedia.plist so that we can look if there are any similarities with the other user. Also please let us know what order your changing the sites to, so we can try to reproduce the bug, a screenshot of the preference window once arranged will do. Thank you. Updating the z39.50 function is still on the to do list, we did not manage to get that far for version 4.0
Nieminen

Post by Nieminen »

I just sent you the .plist and the screenshot of the preferences window. I'll try to repair the permissions now to see if it works.

thanks,
Nieminen

EDIT: Repairing permissions didn't help. But I noticed that arranging the original sites (for example Amazon US and Amazon UK) works ok, but arranging the Helsinki (which I have added myself) doesn't work.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can download Bookpedia once again (still version 4.0.4). The issue with the sites re-arranging themselves after restarting the program should be resolved now.