Smart collection for items not in other collections?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
hpl
Inductee
Inductee

Smart collection for items not in other collections?

Post by hpl »

Is it possible to create a smart collection which includes all the items in the Library that are not part of any (or some selected) collection?

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have all my books in three collections: "Fiction", "Manga" and "Everything else", without having to pick the items for the last category by hand. iPhoto has this feature and I use it a lot, but I can't figure out if it's possible with *pedias.

best regards,
- hannu
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Hannu,

Thank you for the feedback. What your asking is not yet possible directly. E.i. You can't say show me all the items that are not in my manga collection. But you might be able to accomplish the same thing by using a lot of criteria for your smart collection. E.i. items where genre is not Manga and genre is not Fiction. This is of course assuming that all your fiction books have fiction in the genre. If this is not the case you can use the multi edit to select all the books in your fiction collection and set a custom field to "Do not include". Then in your smart collection you can add a third rule custom field is not Do not include.