Info Template in Portuguese

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Rui Guerreiro
Captain
Captain

Info Template in Portuguese

Post by Rui Guerreiro »

Hi!
I'm new to Bookpedia. Didn't even register, because I've been trying a few book database products to decide witch to buy, but finnaly I've made up my mind, and will register soon for Bookpedia.
I used BookCAT for a long time (while a windows user), but now I'm on the Mac side, and they don't have support for macs, so, after some searching, your product seems to be the best choice. However, there are a few suggestions I have for future upgrades, but I'll place them other time in the right place.
For now i just want to know how to change the Info, and if possible, the Add/Edit window field tags to portuguese. I know that there's an explanation on how to do this for the Info Templates. I've tryied it, but didn't work out. I'm probably doin' something wrong. I tryed to open the template through the path that you say, but it does not open the text with the source code.
If anyone is interested in doing this, i'll be pleased to send the portuguese names for the fields.
Thanks a lot.

Rui
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Hi Rui,

if you want to change the titles in the info view to Portuguese, you have to do the following.

Ctrl-click the Bookpedia program icon and choose 'Show package contents' from the contextual menu. Then navigate to 'Contents/Resources/WebViewFiles/en' and choose the template you want to change. Open the template with any text editor (TextEdit will suffice) and look for the [Translate:...] tags. Those are the tags that you want to replace with the Portuguese translation. So for example the line

<!--IFTitle<div class="field"><div class="title">[Translate:Title]:</div><div class="text"> [IFTitle]</div></div> IFTitle-->

should then look like this:

<!--IFTitle <div class="field"><div class="title">Título:</div><div class="text"> [IFTitle]</div></div> IFTitle-->

Once you've done that to all the [Translate:...] tags, you can save the file and refresh your info view in Bookpedia (ctrl-click anywhere inside the info view and choose the same template again from the Style menu.)

If you want to actually translate the program into Portuguese, take a look at this post. We want to put up the strings etc to be translated in the future so users can translate the programs but we haven't gotten around to that yet.

Nora
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Another way to translate part of the program is to show package contents on the Bookpedia application and navigate to Contents/Resources and create a new folder named pt.lproj. Then from the English.lproj folder copy the RealTitles.string file to your new pt.lproj open it up in a test editor and translate the right side of the words. This is similar information to what Nora gave you, but it allows you to test out your translations. It will automatically translate the column headers as well as the info views. As for the add/edit panel that is coded into the application using Interface Builder and we hope to make the translation files available in the future.