Adding Vinyl Collection

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Eliakim

Adding Vinyl Collection

Post by Eliakim »

Hello,

I'm investigating the CD cataloging program and want to know if this will also catalog vinyl collections (i.e., that it is set up for doing this). Or..., is it some kind of "kludge" in order to do it?

Thanks for any information...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

CDpedia doesn't have access to a vinyl database but you can enter the information manually. Or you could get the information for the CD and then change those fields that are different from the LP.
If you know of a good vinyl database online we might also be able to write a plug-in for it.
Eliakim

Post by Eliakim »

CDpedia doesn't have access to a vinyl database but you can enter the information manually. Or you could get the information for the CD and then change those fields that are different from the LP.
Thanks for the information. Is there a field that can be picked or chosen or tagged that will make it appear (in the database and "display") as a vinyl record versus a CD disk? I was just wondering if your program does incorporate that distinction visually. And also, if your program does have that field (and or "distinction") already built into it?

If you know of a good vinyl database online we might also be able to write a plug-in for it.
I don't know of any. But, then again..., I haven't looked for one, because I haven't had a reason to, before. Perhaps others know of one...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

There is no field that will give you a visual distinction but you can use one of the custom fields as a 'Format' field. You can change the name of the custom fields in the Preferences/General. (You'll have to restart the program for the name change to take effect.)
Then you could build a smart collection with the criteria 'Format is vinyl', for example, so that you have all your vinyls in one collection and easily accessible.