Sorting multiple books while adding them

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
vanderdecker
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Sorting multiple books while adding them

Post by vanderdecker »

I have a large numbers of bar codes scanned into text files, and I'd like to add them to Bookpedia using the "Add Multiple Books" item.

However, I'd also like to modify the "Location" field at the same time. That is, if I add the codes for 20 books from Box #2, I'd like to have the "Location" field for those 20 items to populated as they're added.

I don't see how I can do this--once the books are added, there doesn't appear to be a way to distinguish them from the books added earlier. We can sort by date, but if I've made multiple additions (from different sources) on the same day, they're jumbled together (if it went so far as to sort by time as well as date it would be a different matter, but it can't seem to).

Any ideas?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can sort by date as you mentioned; even though you don't see a time for the date added column it is taken into account. (If you like to see the time you can do so by changing the preferences for date format). Otherwise, instead of using the date added, create a new collection and add the books to that collection, you can then remove the collection after you do a multiple edit of the location field.