Lost Auto-Fill Book and CD

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
hhvegas
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Lost Auto-Fill Book and CD

Post by hhvegas »

Sometime ago, I posted a note that when I upgraded I lost my auto fill customized lists. I now realize I lost all auto fill (author, genre etc). I must have thrown out the pref file which kept that info. Someone posted a response with the name of the file, but when I ran a search, I couldn't find it.

Is there anyway to populate auto fill without retyping everything? I have all my books and CDs in the program. However, when I start to type an authors name or a CD's artist's name, it doesn't start to auto fill. Plus my customized fields do not show up in the prefs (although they are in the individual record).

I tried exporting and importing but that didn't help.

Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The autofill used to be kept in the preference file in versions prior to 3.x. But because preferences should be able to be thrown out without too much repercussion we moved the autofill information to autofill.xml inside the data folder.

What you're describing sounds like during the update from 2.x to 3.x the autofill information was not copied over. During the update a backup of your preference file was created called com.bruji.bookpedia-previous2.0.plist. Look for this file in your ~/Library/Preferences/ folder as well as for the CDpedia one. Send us both these files and your current autofill.xml file in ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/autofill.xml. You will have to make a copy and change the name as CDpedia's will be called the same but inside the CDpedia data folder. We can merge the information and send your new autofill.xml files to use with your old information included.

Unlike iTunes the autofill information is not based on what you have in your records or what has been imported but on what you have personally typed. This is why the exporting and importing trick that you tried did not repopulate the fields.

With the customised fields, are you referring to autofill feature of the customised fields or to the titles of the fields in the prefs?
hhvegas
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by hhvegas »

Thanks. I am sending you the requested files via email (support@bruji.com).

As for the customized fields, I can easily change the actual names myself. I'm more concerned with the auto fill information, so I don't have to retype everything.

Once again, thanks.
hhvegas
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by hhvegas »

Thanks, I got the files and all went well. Except, that in my CDs the artist field is not comlete. Same with the author field in Books. Other fields are fine (for instance, Publisher).

Is that normal?