"Statistics" in DVDPedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

"Statistics" in DVDPedia

Post by Black Smurf »

Hi again,

I habe been playing around with the statistics function in DVDpedia and have some feature requests / suggestions for improvement:
  • - if for a movie (or boxed set, which have at the moment one entry per box in my collection) several directors are entered, the movie should be counted towards all of them instead as a single new entry in the statistics. E.g. if for the movie "Two Evil Eyes" the directors Romero and Argento are entered (since they co-directed this one), I'd like the program to count the movie for both of them. At the moment it counts for neither of them, but is counted seperately (so 1 movie directed by Romero and Argento).

- same thing for Genre: If I classify "Ghost in the Shell" as Animated and Science Fiction, I'd like the statistics function to count it twice (once for each category) and not just once for the (rather narrow) genre "Animated, Science Fiction".

- it would be nice to have totals for the fields containing figures. At the moment, there are no totals in the statistics (total number of discs, total price, total price paid). (Ok, there is the total playing time and number of entries in the main window)
For me these things would make the statistics much more useful (as of now they are - also because of the bug I discribed in my earlier post in the support forum - pretty uninteresting to me). That said, the statistics are of course just a gimmick in an otherwise great application!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We were recently looking at the possibility of counting the directors separately for the statistics while keeping the statistics fast. As for the totals for the prices they can be turned on in the preferences to display at the bottom with the other cumulative information.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Black Smurf »

Oh, the totals are already there - seems I'm a blind man :roll:
Thanks for the answer!