DVDpedia IMDb search problem

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Jontte

DVDpedia IMDb search problem

Post by Jontte »

First of all, thanks for this great piece of software.

I'm having problems lately with adding new movies with the "Search Web" feature. When I search from IMDb for the movie "Monkey Warfare", it suggests only the movie "Highway 61" for some reason, and offers no other hits.
It's the same with "Cherry Crush" for which it only offers the movie "Mean Girls" and no other hits. These movies do exist in IMDb but even offering the direct code for the movie in the search, which is tt0473464 for Cherry Crush, doesn't work anymore (it used to, as I recall).

Has anyone else ran into these problems yet, or is it just my Mac? :?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Say no more; consider it fixed by Wednesday afternoon, you will be able to download DVDpedia again for the fix (I am traveling at the moment). However, if you would like to fix it right away you can download the fixed plug-in from the following link, use "show package contents" on DVDpedia and drop the unzipped plug-in into the Contents/Plug-ins folder to replace the old one. Thank you for the detailed information.
Jontte

Post by Jontte »

Thanks Conor, that did the trick. Excellent and timely support you offer here. :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

For those downloading recently, there is no need to download the plug-in as the updated version is now included with the latest DVDpedia download.