Beep when launching VIDEO_TS after upgrade

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
pmoto
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Beep when launching VIDEO_TS after upgrade

Post by pmoto »

I use DVDpedia (in Fullscreen mode) on my Mac Mini as a front end to my video server (using DVD Player). I also use Remote Buddy to customize the behavior of the Apple Remote. I have all my entries linked to the corresponding VIDEO_TS folders on my network drive.

After the upgrade I made a few modification to my behaviors in Remote Buddy to allow for navigation through the new Fullscreen features of DVDpedia (such as mapping the 'return/enter' key to the Apple Remote menu button to bring up the new fullscreen features).

As I did with the previous version, I edited the DVD Player script to comment out the 'Go to main menu' line so I don't get the 'Not permitted' message in DVD Player (since my VIDEO_TS folder only contain the main movie).

Everything is working great except when I launch a movie I get a beep when DVD Player activates. The movie plays fine and I get no error messages. However am curious why I am getting the beep.

I don't think it has anything to do with my Remote Buddy setup as I get the same beep when I launch a movie with the keyboard shortcuts or via the mouse.

It really isn't a major issue since everything seems to be working, but do you have any suggestions what might be causing the beep?

Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. With the addition of being able to select which movie to play, if there is more than one movie link I added the bug that it beeps when only one movie is attached and is the default movie launched (it is beeping because the menu did not get shown, there no need for it but I guess I really wanted to show off my new menu so I unconsciously added the beep). I have fixed it and it will be in the next version in a few days. I apologize for having to deal with the beep until then, unless of course you add another movie to a DVD and get to see the new menu, then there will be no beep. :D
pmoto
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by pmoto »

Conor,

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind the beep, I was simply trying to determine what was the cause (I thought it might be some sort of error notification).

By the way, I like the new features in full screen mode. Especially, the ability to view movie details and to filter the list by genre, rating, etc. Is there any way to customize which fields can be used as filters? Also, are there plans to include the movie summary when in the detailed view?

Thanks again, for the great product and support!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

At the moment the full screen view isn't customizable but that might come in the future.