Included fields

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Included fields

Post by danco »

When adding a book, are the only fields actually added those listed in the add/edit preferences?

I think I had assumed that all fields would be added if one searched using the ISBN, but that only the listed ones would be shown.

I am asking this because out of six books I have recently added to my wish list, only one shows the format in the Info view. I had the format checked as one of the items for Info view, but in the add/edit preference I had changed it to include format only for the last of the six.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

This changed in version 4.0.3. Because of a bug appearing for some users the fields that are turned of in the add/edit window are not added to the database. So you need to turn on all the fields you would like to add information for. Will try to resurect the old behaviour if we can avoid the bug that accompanies it.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

It would be better if you can get rid of the bug and go back to the old behaviour.

For the moment, now that I (and others) know the situation I can live with it.
ewin42

Post by ewin42 »

Conor wrote:This changed in version 4.0.3. Because of a bug appearing for some users the fields that are turned of in the add/edit window are not added to the database. So you need to turn on all the fields you would like to add information for. Will try to resurect the old behaviour if we can avoid the bug that accompanies it.
It would be nice, if you fix the bug, that it became an option that is setable in the preferences. That is to say that sometimes I only want to add info into the fields that are turned on in the edit/add window and sometimes I want to add data to all fields even if they are turned off.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

Ewin42, I can see your point. But my inclination would be to always have the data available behind the scenes, and just decide - as one can already - whether or not to view it.