DVDPedia: Full Screen Browsing

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Ice

DVDPedia: Full Screen Browsing

Post by Ice »

I have a question as to how the browsing works in Full Screen.

I'm trying to use the Salling Clicker (remote) script, so I'm running DVDPedia on my mac mini and browsing with a pocket PC.

Apparently the LEFT and RIGHT keys on the keyboard (whether using a normal keyboard, or my remote) simply move the mouse.

Is there a way to have the left arrow key actually move one title to the Left and have the right arrow key move one title to the Right?? This would be so helpful.

Even using a mouse, the browsing seems very odd. (Maybe I'm not using it correctly). The Movie clip shown on the website (http://bruji.com/howto/fullScreen.html) seems to show browsing very easy?

When I use my mouse, I have to click on the right area of the screen to browse to the right and it jumps around a lot. There seems to be no set amount that it moves. Same with the left.

All of this makes it very difficult to go to the DVD I want to play, especially using a remote.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

What is happening is that Sailing Clicker is capturing the remote and stopping it from falling through to DVDpedia. If you disable Sailing Clicker for DVDpedia you will find that DVDpedia handles the remote. Otherwise map the remote keys to the appropriate keyboard commands in Sailing Clicker for DVDpedia. Right would be right arrow, left would be left arrow and enter for the play button. This will let you browse the movies as well as the menus for filtering, changing collections, calling up details and playing a movie.

The fact that the arrow keys also move the mouse is very strange but I assure you it's not DVDpedia doing that. So check your system settings for universal access and the Sailing Clicker preferences.

Another useful bit of information is that the up and down arrows move 5 movies at a time, so as to scroll all the current movies on screen and make browsing faster. When mouse clicking it moves to the movie that you clicked on, so if you click close to the right edge of the screen the furthest movie to the right becomes the center movie.