"newest added" function

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
MichelM

"newest added" function

Post by MichelM »

Sorry for my bad english

I think it could be nice with a "newest added" function, i would use it..

Fx when we have exported our collectien to web, then make a feuture in the top of the page fx there is cover for the 5 newest added movie, and then people can click on the covers and read about the movie

It would also be nice if you made it like if we could add some email adresses and every time we got a new movie, they would get a mail about it.

Think about it, and thanks

Regards
Michel
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the suggestion. It sounds very interesting and we have plans on bettering the export so that you can export more than one collection at a time. With two exports you can achieve the results you want. You could even imbed one export into the other so that you get exactly what you are looking for, but without getting to complicated I'll walk you through creating a link between collections.

Click the edit button after you have selected your favorite template in the HTML export section. It will then show you a copy of the template in the finder open it in your favorite text editor or HTML designing program and add a link to the top that points to your recently added movies:

Code: Select all

<a href="../newDVDs>Newly Added</a>"
You then go back to DVDpedia and export your collection with the new template and name it whatever you like. You then do a second export of a recently added collection and use the original template and name it "newDVDs" (the name I gave the link). That is it. To improve the browsing experience create a copy of the HTML file you modified and rename it MyAllDVDs and change the link to point back to the regular collection use that for the recently added export template; user won't have to use the back button but can use the link between "all my DVDs" and "Newly Added" to switch collections.

To create a recently added smart collection in DVDpedia to use for the export use the "File --> New Smart Collection" menu command and set the rule to "Date Added is in the last 60 days".