I'm really really frustrated about iTunes Cover Import

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
2nd1

I'm really really frustrated about iTunes Cover Import

Post by 2nd1 »

Sorry for that Subject, but I don't know why I always have such trouble importing the covers from iTunes tu CDPedia. I reripped all of my 2.500 CDs in Apple LossLess, scanned all the covers by myself, saved it from Photoshop CS4 in JPG-Format at a size of 600x600 pixels.
Whenever I import the whole library into CDPedia everything works fine except the covers. Nearly 80 % of them will not be imported. The manual import via drag & drop works fine, but the next iTunes update being imported deletes all of the manual imported covers again.
I really don't know what happens!!! All the covers have the same size and are scanned an saved with Photoshop CS4. Why does the import on some work and on most of them not. This is not the first time I lost my nervs on importing the iTunes covers. I'm really upset with this problem not being solved.

Wishes

Harald
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: I'm really really frustrated about iTunes Cover Import

Post by jschaffe »

I have been as well, but I was able to successfully import my large library in steps by creating iTunes Smart Playlists. I had to be careful how I did it though, and I uncovered some issues in my library data along the way.

I documented what I did here: http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=30
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

CDpedia should never remove a cover that you already have in CDpedia. How are you doing the second import that is removing covers? We wish iTunes had access to it's covers directly, but we are forced to use AppleScript to communicate with iTunes for the cover data. I'll send out an email when we have the next beta version ready with the AppleScript bridge in place that hopefully should help with the memory issues. It's not the only improvement we are working on with CDpedia so it will be a while before the next beta is ready for testing.
2nd1

Post by 2nd1 »

@jschaffe

thank you for your help. It took me about 4 hours to import the covers genre by genre, but it worked fine.

@conor
I updated via an apple script which I don't remember at the moment. Because of testing CDPedia Beta version and reinstalling the present version, I lost that script and can't remember where I got it from.
I save my covers inside the tag of each track. In the past I did it manually, at the moment I use the following script from Dough's Apple Script Page:
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/s ... p=embedart
Presently I can live with the method jschaffe told me.

Harald
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Harald,

Thank you for the details, I'll keep you updated about the future betas.
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jschaffe »

2nd1 wrote:...import the covers genre by genre, but it worked fine
I'm glad it worked Harald! In my case it took considerably longer than 4 hours, but I think it may have been because I was discovering and cleaning up so many minor glitches in my metadata that tripped up my process.

The one thing I'd suggest you double check is whether any of your albums have songs in multiple genres (like many of my free Amazon samplers). If they do, you might have multiple albums entered in CDpedia, one for each genre on an album.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The latest beta should fix any issues for those few having issues with the number of covers that can be imported in a single batch by the AppleScript. It been re-written to use the scripting bridge that does not suffer from the memory bug in the regular AppleScript. For the rest of the users it has the benefit of being faster. The beta can be downloaded from here.