CDPedia - Isight

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
graemejw
Inductee
Inductee

CDPedia - Isight

Post by graemejw »

Hi

CDPedia was working perfectly in terms of isight until it upgraded to the newest version yesterday.

Now the isight panel is half black & the area of the red square covers most of this black, only a tiny sliver of active camera is available.

Anyway to roll back the installation to the previous working version.

Its a brand new MacBook Pro I'm using.

Thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Re: CDPedia - Isight

Post by Nora »

This seems to be a problem with the brand new MacBook Pros, we heard from two other Pedia users who saw the half-black iSight window as well. Download the CDpedia Beta and the problem should be fixed. Please let us know if the scanning does not work as usual with the beta.
DRL
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DRL »

I wasn't sure where I should post this, but here seems to be quite appropriate.

Having used CDPedia for almost three years with great satisfaction, I changed to the new version yesterday. Since then I have added four new CDs; I have never had such immediate success with the iSight camera. Each time it read quickly and without the usual attempts at getting the angle just right.

Perhaps it's too soon to say it's due to changes in the new version - but, if it is, it will be a great step forward. (If it's significant, my MacBook Pro is about eight months old.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback, it's good to hear our efforts have paid off. The 2009 - 2010 iMac is a trickier machine so we are still working on those improvements.