Search Bar Handling of Longer Text (All Pedias)

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
witchkitten
Captain
Captain

Search Bar Handling of Longer Text (All Pedias)

Post by witchkitten »

I've run into an issue with the search bar that I'm hoping can be fixed. This is a problem the affects all the pedias (I'm guessing it affects Gamepedia but since I don't own it, I can't check). The issue I'm encountering happens when I'm searching for long titles that can't fit in the search bar window. When typing longer titles, the text that goes past the end of the search bar is no longer visible. I can only see the beginning text. When I make a typo, I can't see it and therefore have to delete the entire line of text retype the sentence again. In most search boxes, the text moves sideways so you can continue to see what you type even when it doesn't fit in the search bar (an example of this is the Safari's Google search bar in the top right corner of the window). I'd like to request that the search bars in the pedias scroll the text so you can see as you type longer titles.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Search Bar Handling of Longer Text (All Pedias)

Post by Conor »

That is quite the omission, consider it fixed in all the beta versions:

DVDpedia
Bookpedia
CDpedia
Gamepedia

Thank you also for taking the time to write out a clear explanation of the problem.
witchkitten
Captain
Captain

Re: Search Bar Handling of Longer Text (All Pedias)

Post by witchkitten »

Thank you for your quick reply and the quick fix. :)