No smart collection possible

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
dobbi

No smart collection possible

Post by dobbi »

I `m using a Mac with Snow Leopard and DVDPedia latest version.But it seems that the smart collection that i created will not work, i added a new rule Format> HDD
but although i added the entry in the field of the film it won`t appear in the smart collection. Is there any explanation or help for this behaviour ?
dobbi
Nora
Site Admin

Re: No smart collection possible

Post by Nora »

Could you send us your Database.pediadata file so we can take a look at your data and try to reproduce the problem here? You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks! You'll find our email on the support page.
dobbi

Post by dobbi »

Hi Nora,
thanks for your quick answer.But the file that i needed to send to you is too big, something round 80 MB, my provider won`t send attachments that big,is it possible to export my library data via export>ftp to your server ? Does it make sense?
wkr
dobbi
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Sure, you can upload it to our server. I'll send you a PM with the info. (Make sure you archive the Database.pediadata file before uploading it to save some more space.)
elrisou
Contributor
Contributor

Post by elrisou »

Hi,
Same problem with Lion 10.7.1!!

elrisou
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

What exactly is the problem?
elrisou
Contributor
Contributor

Post by elrisou »

Hi,
dobbi wrote:I `m using a Mac with Snow Leopard and DVDPedia latest version.But it seems that the smart collection that i created will not work, i added a new rule Format> HDD
but although i added the entry in the field of the film it won`t appear in the smart collection. Is there any explanation or help for this behaviour ?
dobbi
Exactly the Same problem but with Lion 10.7.1
Create a smart collection doesn't work!

Elrisou
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

What criteria are you setting for the collection? The more details you can give us on the problem, the better we'll be able to help.
Bjoern
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Bjoern »

Hi,

the same problem here.

The main thing is that the problem is linked to a special criteria for the smart collections. I just doesn't work with any criteria. Even the existing smart collections doesn't work correctly.

Just send me a PM oder E-Mail and I send you my bookpedia database.

Bjoern
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can email us your Bookpedia database at our support email. You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.)

If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your Bookpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and copy paste ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia into the window that appears.

Please also include in the email very detailed information about the criteria you're trying to set for the collection and what it is that doesn't work.
elrisou
Contributor
Contributor

Post by elrisou »

Hi,
J'ai remarqué que la liste des critères de sélections pour créer une liste intelligente dans CDpédia sont décalé!

Si je sélectionne "Genre" comme critère, j'obtiens le résultat de "Emprunté (par historique)" trois lignes plus haute dans ma liste de critères.

Désolé pour le français, mais je n'arrive pas a expliquer en anglais!!
J'utilise Lion 10.7.3
CDpédia 5.0.3
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Please send me your Database.cdpd file so I can try to reproduce the problem here. You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/Database.cdpd. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.cdpd.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) You'll find our email on the Support page.

If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your CDpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, hold down the Option key and the Library folder will appear.
elrisou
Contributor
Contributor

Post by elrisou »

Hello

Merci pour cette réponse.
Je vous envoie ma Database cdpédia.
Serge
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for your database file, that let me see what was causing the trouble. You had a bunch of custom fields without any titles at all in the Preferences/Fields and the program cannot deal with fields having the exact same title (in this case 'blank'). Restoring titles to those fields in the Preferences again fixed the smart collection problem.

We'll fix this for the next version so that the program becomes smarter when a situation like this should come up again but for now, just give your custom fields a unique title each once more (Custom 1, Custom 2, etc.) and your smart collections will go back to working fine again. You can see the original title of the blank custom fields by hovering over the titles in the Preferences/Fields.
elrisou
Contributor
Contributor

Post by elrisou »

Bonjour!
Merci pour la réponse et la solution!
Tout fonctionne correctement à présent!
Merci et bravo pour vos programmes, j'adore!
elrisou