How to display the artist's name?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
LukeDawson
Inductee
Inductee

How to display the artist's name?

Post by LukeDawson »

I have a sizable collection of mixed cassettes and CDs. To accurately reflect the shifting artists, I am using the track listing tab's "artist" column for each. When I check at these entries in Pocketpedia, the artists don't appear to be displayed. only displays track and time. Am I overlooking it or do I need to "switch on" anything to view the artists?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: How to display the artist's name?

Post by FineWine »

Hi and Welcome to the Bruji Pedia forums.

You are quite correct in that the additional information stored in Edit > Track > Artist or/& Composer, neither Field is imported into Pocketpedia for an iPhone due to screen size restraints.

However, on an iPad either Artist or Composer is displayed not both, again due to screen size restraints.

Though I suppose that you could post a request in the "Future Requests" forum.
In that the Artist and Composer information could be displayed on the iPhone & iPad under each Track # & Title. But just be aware that this will then make each albums displayed information quite long requiring some scrolling.

E.G.
Track #. Title
Artist: or Composer:
Track #. Title
Track #. Title

(remember only occupied fields are imported and displayed)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: How to display the artist's name?

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feature feedback. It displays on the iPad, but not the iPhone to save space. But something that should be an option or updated with the next version. Although not displayed it's still searchable if you find Pocketpedia in the settings app and have "Search All Fields" on. Because CDpedia is album based it means it's one level of redirection to go looking in the tracks and hence not part of the default search, for speed reasons.