iPhone / Mac cameras

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
SUNRA

iPhone / Mac cameras

Post by SUNRA »

Hi, I have Bookpedia (v6.2.1) on my iMac M1 2021, running macOS Ventura (v13.4.1).

I also have Pocketpedia on my iPhone 14 Pro Max, running iOS 16.6.

My problem is I cannot use the iPhone camera or my iMac iSight camera to properly scan book barcodes. Neither camera focuses when I bring a book up close. I cannot get Bookpedia or Pocketpedia apps to read the bar codes because the camera images are blurry, out-of-focus. However, I don’t have this problem when using the cameras with other apps.

Anyone have this issue with the M1 Macs or the iPhone Pro Max?

Thanks!
SUNRA

Re: iPhone / Mac cameras

Post by SUNRA »

I’ve done a little more research today and I think Pocketpedia is not using the iPhone Pro Max camera properly. I took a photo of a bar code just using the iPhone camera app (not using Pocketpedia) and the image is clear.
However, using Pocketpedia to take the same photo the image is not in focus or clear. See attached image examples. What gives?!
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/sog85aiy ... lb811&dl=0
SUNRA

Post by SUNRA »

Here’s an update on the camera issue…

We have an older iPad Air 2 in the house running iPadOS 15.7.8 (most recent OS). I used Pocketmedia’s camera feature to add books and it works fine, focusing on bar codes clearly and quickly.

My understanding now is that the higher end iPhones (14 Pro Max), iPad Pros and iMacs (M1) do not seem to be compatible with Pocketpedia’s camera feature. I think Pocketpedia isn't using the camera properly on these models.

Sigh… I’m not expecting an early fix to this issue. I’m probably in the minority!
SUNRA

Post by SUNRA »

Wow, 3483 views and not a single comment LOL!
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Hi. I have forwarded this Conor. But due to other commitments he does not spend as much time as he would like too answering posts nor working on the pedia's.