Future Updates Question (RE Hiatus)

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Future Updates Question (RE Hiatus)

Post by DanThe »

Hi Conor,

Just a quick question and clarification regarding essential functionality, compatibility, and security updates of the Pedia apps as reference in your Hiatus post.

Given that sales of the applications will be halted, will future Pedia app maintenance updates be released on the Apple App Store or should we be using the beta releases on the Bruji website instead?

Thank you again for today's news release. :D
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Future Updates Question (RE Hiatus)

Post by FineWine »

I reckon the answer to that is they will be released via the beta website, however if you have the 'Switch' in Preferences > General > Check for updates automatically on startup (weekly) ticked then you do not need to go to the beta website.

Conor will try to keep on top of Search Plug-in changes/problems as best he can and any macOS or iOS or tvOS that severely impact the current version 6 .* pedia's, though these updates will be few and possibly far between.

My current worry is that the 'Support' page/s is down on the Bruji website as well as the 'Doghouse' website is not currently working 100% considering this was to replace amazon as a search and gather website replacement. Though I believe the phpbb software needs to be updated and then adapted for Bruji requirements and that is no small task.

What will be, will be I suppose.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Future Updates Question (RE Hiatus)

Post by DanThe »

Hi FineWine.

The reason I ask is that the current macOS Monterey Update on the Apple App Store is version 6.2.1 meaning it is now two OS versions behind. I have install current beta using the above link and noted that it was version 6.2.1 Beta 261.

I will continue using this beta until prompted regarding either a newer beta version or an Apple App Store update.

If you hear anything else, let us know and thank you.

Cheers! :D