Raptr sync

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Anso
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Raptr sync

Post by Anso »

I'd like to request a way to export your library (or a sync feature) to the gaming/social networking site raptr ( http://raptr.com ). It would be fantastic!
I've suggested this on the raptr forums already and thought I'd run it past you too. Both the site and Gamepedia are similar in goals and would really complement eachother so if you know a good way to sync and/or import your game library on raptr, please contact the raptr team and the world will thank you! :D

Thanks for a great app, as always.

Mattias Häggström Gerdt
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Raptr sync

Post by Conor »

Raptr looks very interesting. Also being into the new wave of technology they will hopefully add an API (Application Programming Interface) that Gamepedia would be able to talk to Raptr with. This way keeping both your Gamepedia and Raptr updated. Since Gamepedia has a large number of export formats even customizable you should be able to import into Raptr, sadly at the moment Raptr doesn't seem to have any type of import functionality. If you hear of any development in that area in the future let us know.
Anso
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Anso »

Thanks for the fast reply!

Sadly you're right about raptr not yet having an import functionality. I've suggested this on the Feature Requests-forum but they're not as fast at answering as you guys. I will definitely let you know if I hear anything. Honestly though, I think it would be great if you could write an e-mail or such to the raptr team with this suggestion. Both because you know what you're talking about when it comes to developement and because you're opinion might matter more when it's directly from the "source" of the app :)

Anyway, thanks for showing interest!

Mattias
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We have sent Raptr and email to find out what plans they have, as well as suggest an API.
Anso
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Anso »

Fantastic! That's why I love you guys :)

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I talked to Raptr and they are working on it. At the moment it's in private testing and they are still finalizing the details. I have asked to be contacted as soon as it's available and then will be able to find out if will be able to integrate it with Gamepedia. Thank you for the tip on the new gaming site.
Anso
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Anso »

No, thank YOU for showing interest :)
Anso
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Anso »

Any news on this? I'm excited to import my library and show the world how bad I am at keeping money :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We haven't heard back from them yet, but releasing an API is no small feat. Once you get programs using it is solidifies and it's hard to make changes and improve it. So I imagine it will be going through a lengthy beta testing. I will write them another email and ask them how their API is coming along.
Anso
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Anso »

Conor wrote:We haven't heard back from them yet, but releasing an API is no small feat. Once you get programs using it is solidifies and it's hard to make changes and improve it. So I imagine it will be going through a lengthy beta testing. I will write them another email and ask them how their API is coming along.
Ah, okay, I'm not well traveled in programming to say the least but that explains a lot! Thanks for still caring and writing another e-mail, at least that shows them people are longing for this :)