auto favourites list?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
MikeB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

auto favourites list?

Post by MikeB »

I'm not sure that the title is very clear, but the feature I am looking for may even be possible in the current version of DVDpedia, however, if so, I have no idea how to implement it.

What I would like to do is look through the full-screen version of my library and from within the full-screen be able to select films. Following this, I would have a new smart list or library that would contain only the selected films.

The application is quite basic (I think). I have a library of about 500 films. When I show guests the library so that we can pick a film for the evening, there are usually several candidates. Currently, we have to memorise the films we selected. Is there a way to do this now or would this need to be a new feature?
TheMatador
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: auto favourites list?

Post by TheMatador »

you mean, some kind of "On-The-Go" Collection.
The only way you could nearly do this ist to browse your movies in Cover Flow View, and drag the movies you like to a new Collection, so that you can browse that new collection afterwards.
But to do this from your couch in the living room is not very convenient.
MikeB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: auto favourites list?

Post by MikeB »

Yes, you understand what I mean. This is why I posted it here in this forum. I agree it would be difficult to do with Apple Remote, but if the feature existed, there are programs to make the Apple Remote do other things. I haven't tried using the CoverFlow view, but I will try it and see if it can work at least for now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I hope the feature can be added in a future version.