[DVDpedia] Keyboard support in full screen mode

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
MauiMark
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

[DVDpedia] Keyboard support in full screen mode

Post by MauiMark »

Hi,
most of my DVDpedia movies are linked to the files on my hard disc so I can watch them directly from DVDpedia. However, when i'm in full screen mode browsing my movie library I still need to use the mouse to select the white triangle in the lower right corner to start playing the movie.

It would be nice to just press the "space bar" or "enter key" on the keyboard since I use the keyboard anyway to scroll though my library.

-- Mark
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

(option-p), slightly more complicated then space bar. :)
MauiMark
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by MauiMark »

Yes, thats fine. Where would I found that information? I was checking the documentation but found no hint to option-p.

Also, could you add space and/or return key in a future version? That would be more a) more obvious and more in sync with iTunes, iPhoto etc. pp.

Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The Option-P shortcut is listed on the 'Shortcuts' page of the DVDpedia Help manual. But I'll include it on the Full Screen page as well for the future. Thanks for pointing that out.
byseven

New menu while in full screen (bottom)

Post by byseven »

Hi,

I was wondering if that is any shortcut (keyboard ) to acess the new menu while in full screen ?

PS. I like the new version !!
Keep up with the GREAT WORK !!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can access the controller and menus with enter and navigate with the arrows. The Apple remote also works with the controller and the menus.
byseven

Enter works , but

Post by byseven »

Hi Conor ,

That Works but, my macros is like
Genre -> enter - right - right - enter - enter
Info -> Enter Enter
Exit info-> 1
All -> enter right right enter up enter

Is that any other way ? like custom shortcut ?

Again Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

This is getting advanced; there is no way to trigger the menu commands without showing them as they are not part of the regular menu. Speaking of shortcuts I just updated DVDpedia so that selecting random movie with command-option-r will also work in full screen.
dbfreq13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dbfreq13 »

So, there's no way to add a keyboard shortcut to filter movies to display only those in the Action genre in full screen mode?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You must navigate the full screen menus with the keyboard, mouse or Apple remote and select the genre action filter.